Not only are Coconuts delicious but they are super healthy for you and have great beauty and health benefits. The oils in coconuts fight of disease-causing bacteria, reverses tooth decay (a great additive to your toothpaste), and help protect against heart disease. Here are 25 ways that coconut oil can be used everyday.
- Makeup Remover - it's a healthy natural alternative with the added bonus of giving you longer eyelashes!
- Homemade Lip Balm - Apply directly or mix with boiled beet juice for a bright tint
- Body Moisturizer - Apply after showering to lock in moisture
- Fade Age Spots - Rub on problem areas daily
- Sunburn Care - Moisturize after a long day in the sun
7. Body Scrub - mix with salt for a D.I.Y
8. Strech Marks - rub on strech marks to moisturize skin and reduce marks
9. Fade Age Spots - Rub on problem areas daily
10. Sunburn Care - Moisturize after a long day in the sun
11. Facial Moisturizer - After washing your face, massage a light layer onto skin
12. Bathing - Melt about 1/4 cup in microwave and add it to your bath water and soak (better alternative to bath bombs that are made of salt which will dry out the skin)
13. Tanning Oil - Smells like the real deal and treats the skin while working on the perfect tan
14. Dry Foot Scrub - Mix with salt for a foot scrub
15. Elbow Rub - Rub it on your elbows to avoid the dreaded ashy skin
16. Leave in Conditioner - Start rubbing in the coconut oil at the ends and leave in for 30 minutes (15 if you add heat)
17. Hair Flyaway Tamer - Use sparingly at fly aways and ends of hair (helps if you use a toothbrush for the fly aways)
18. Natural Energizer - Have a New Years Resolution to quit your coffee habit? Turn to 1 teaspoon of coconut oil for a burst of energy
19. Oil Pulling - Swish the oil in your mouth for 10 minutes before brushing your teeth (great health benefits)
20. Cleaning Hands - For any painters out there, you know it is hard to get the paint off and often have to resort to harmful chemicals to remove it. Not anymore, coconut oil easily takes off paint from skin.
21. Eye Cream - Helps reduce appearance of bags and dark circles. Apply around eyes before bed.
22. Fight Hair Loss - Yes, it even helps with hair loss. Simply rub the coconut oil onto bald areas of scalp three times per day to stimulate hair growth
23. Insect Repellent - mix coconut oil with peppermint oil extract. Apply to skin to
ward of nasty bugs. This is a healthy alternative that will help your skin in more ways than one.
24. Sugar Cravings - Low on sugar? Eat one teaspoon of coconut oil. It is naturally sweet and is good for you.
25. Get over that Cold - Add a teaspoon to hot tea to help speed up the recovery from flu or a cold
See Related Posts: